Year in Review | 2021
2021 is in the books – upward and onward to twenty double deuce!
2022 marks PCDJ’s 23rd year creating professional live performance software solutions for pro DJs and karaoke hosts. The journey from “no one will ever DJ with a computer” to helping propel the digital DJ software industry to the forefront of the DJ space has been quite the ride. We have you, our loyal customers, to thank. We appreciate all the support you’ve given us over the last two plus decades.🙏🏽
Over the course of the past year the pandemic continued to prevent many DJs and Karaoke Hosts from doing what they love. However, many were able to return to some level of normalcy performing live events. This was evident in the increase in business PCDJ received from professionals and venues. We’re confident we’ll see this trend continue in 2022 as the global community continues to recover and fight coronavirus. The people of the world can certainly use us right now, spreading positive vibes through unique musical performances.
Throughout 2021 our team continued to strive for perfection in the bat cave, improving existing software functionality and developing new features and support for third-party services along the way. We saw our latest karaoke show hosting solution, LYRX (Mac/Windows), rapidly become our most popular karaoke show hosting solution in our lineup and DEX 3 reaching new levels of industry notoriety. It will be more of the same in 2022, with new and unique software features and partnerships in the works that will strongly benefit your musical performances.
As we like to do at the expiry of each year, here’s a look at a few PCDJ milestones in 2021.
2021 PCDJ Milestones
- The KSR (Karaoke Singer Requests) system was released for DEX 3 and LYRX customers. The free KSR utility allowed DEX 3 and LYRX customers to easily share their songbook online with karaoke singers. Singers can use their own mobile device to access the catalog, search for songs, and make requests that pop up in the rotation list within DEX 3 and/or LYRX.
- DEX 3 received various free updates, including native support for macOS Catalina and Big Sur (and ARM M1-based Macs), a new karaoke singer scroll and custom ticker message feature, improvements to the automatic filler music player, support for additional DJ controllers, an ‘audio limiter’, and extensive performance improvements and optimizations.
- LYRX also received at lot of development attention. All of the new karaoke features added to DEX 3 over the course of the year are mirrored in LYRX. After all, LYRX is the karaoke-specific version of DEX 3 minus the DJ features. In 2021 LYRX continued to be the most innovative and modern karaoke show hosting solution available.
- DEX 3 RE received a slew of updates that included support for ARM M1-based Macs, new audio limiter, support for additional DJ controllers, and a myriad of performance improvements and fixes. The price of DEX 3 RE was also dropped to only $29.99, making it the most affordable professional DJ software available.
- Karaoki was upgraded with a “Singer Scroll” feature, displaying singers names in the queue via the ticker. A countdown timer was also added, which kicks in and displays after a singer rotates (20 seconds after playback in the player).
- Party Tyme Karaoke continued to roll out new hit karaoke tracks each week bringing their total count to over 21,000 HD quality tunes. Due to the pandemic, Party Tyme also dropped the price of the commercially-legal karaoke subscription service from $99.99-a-month to only $49.99-a-month and the 48-hour access pass from $29.99 to $19.99.
- Teaser: At the end of 2021 we wrapped up development of a new in-app 3rd-party service that should get DEX 3 customers pumped. Keep an eye on this website, as the announcement will come in the next couple weeks!
With 2021 in the books we’re exited to build on our momentum in 2022. New features, free updates, new services, and a more in the queue!
Happy New Year — and here’s to a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2022. We appreciate you!