The public release of DEX 3.6 VDJ mixing software is now available for download.
The latest iteration of our top solution for professional DJs that mix all types of media is ready for download.
We popped the hood and tinkered with a few core components, such as the refactoring of the ‘loading engine’. This allows DEX 3.6 to support more audio, video and karaoke file variations, and loading tracks to the decks has been sped up as well. Many underlying performance improvements have been made to ensure more responsiveness while mixing than ever before.
Freshly added in DEX 3.6 is ‘video link‘ — providing the ability to automatically load and play video clips and VJ loops when mixing only audio tracks. ‘Video Link’ benefits DJs that wish to transition seamlessly from mixing music videos to audio tracks, while still providing visuals on the mixed output display for the audience.
DEX 3.6 includes the latest Pulselocker music subscription service SDK, providing various upgrades in performance and search. Search-as-you-type is now enabled when searching Pulselocker’s massive 44 million track library, and results display quicker than in previous versions. Various bugs were fixed in the Pulselocker SDK, including a couple reported errors when syncing tracks to your local hard drive for offline use.
We’ve swatted a few annoying bugs as well, including a memory issue present when playing music videos for long periods of time in succession and an issue prevented certain supported file types from loading into the decks. Some users were also reporting the inability to re-set the auto-out cue point for automix, which has also been addressed in DEX 3.6.
What’s New, Changed Or Fixed In DEX 22.214.171.124
- Updated and enabled Pulselocker 1.2 SDK
- New ability to load and play video files without an audio stream/track
- Search-as-you-type Pulselocker search enabled (no need to manually press <Enter> key)
- New ‘Video Link’ feature that allows you to automatically play videos and VJ clips with audio tracks
- Automatically configure audio for controllers (if the controller script implements it) + setting to disable/enable it
- New controller actions and notifications for sampler (very easy to add normal/instant/stutter mode + led blinking to sampler leds on the controller)
- Video tab panel added to settings
- Completely refactored the file loading system (including multiple bug fixes)
- Fixed loading of MP4 files that are actually audio-only (some MP4s with album artwork were loaded by mistake as video tracks)
- Fixed reported crash when analyzing/loading tracks with silence only (no audio)
- Fixed microphone problems with various DJ controllers
- Automatically enable On-Air when Talk is used
- Multiple performance optimization’s
- Various bugs squashed
Have questions about DEX 3.6 VDJ mixing software? Please leave them in the comments section below!