As our company soon eclipses 20 years in the DJ software business we take a look back at our accomplishments in 2018.
There’s no “I” in “Team”, but there are three “I’s” in “Digital 1 Audio” (One more if you add the “Inc.”). Our tight group of individuals, each with their own unique set of skills, form one heck of a team that’s not only stood up to the test of time (20 years baby!), but has continued to pursue greatness with unwavering passion.
This is it. This is what we do, and what we get up early every morning and burn the midnight oil for. We strive to create innovative and disruptive DJ and live performance technology that makes your life easier and events more memorable. I honestly couldn’t imagine doing anything else.
It’s been a great year for new product releases, upgrades to existing products, and business in general. We fully understand that you’re the reason we’re here and we sincerely thank you. Those customers that have been championing our products by spreading the word and sending in referrals, you’re superstars in our eye’s. We truly can’t think you enough.
At the conclusion of each year we take a look back at he milestones and accomplishments attained for our DJ software and karaoke software lineup. Here’s how 2018 went for PCDJ:
2018 PCDJ Milestones
- Upgraded and released versions 3.10 through 126.96.36.199 of DEX 3 (and DEX 3 RE)
- Completely redesigned our DJ DEX iPad app for iOS and released it in the App Store for only $4.99.
- Introduced support in DEX 3 for on-screen, beat-aware visualizations with “Shaders“.
- Spent considerable development effort to introduce a slew of professional-level karaoke features to DEX 3, making it the most robust ‘do-it-all’ solution available for DJs and/or KJs.
- Added a Karaoke Singer Rotation list (managed singer rotation) in LYRX and DEX 3.
- Added singer/song history (singer management) to DEX 3 and LYRX
- Added automatic filler music player feature to both DEX 3 and LYRX
- DEX 3 and LYRX in-app support for the new Karaoke.net store, allowing karaoke hosts and DJs to make on-the-fly purchases of karaoke songs from within the software browser.
- Many new improvements to scripting for DJ controllers, allowing for better overall plug-and-play support for the best DJ controllers on the market.
- Added plug-and-play support for the Pioneer DDJ-SX3, Pioneer DDJ-SB3, Pioneer DDJ-SR2, Pioneer WeGo4, Reloop Mixtour, and Numark NDX500
- Launched a new Partnership with BPM Supreme to offer PCDJ customers a free month of music and video downloads.
- Took a walk down memory lane with Mobile Beat (editorial) and they reviewed our top DJ software DEX 3 (pro).
- Created a new Facebook User Group for PCDJ customers to interact and share tips/ideas.
- Laid substantial ‘ground work’ for a plethora of new features and in-app partnerships coming in 2019.
2018 was a pretty busy year for PCDJ but 2019 is already looking to nothing short of monumental comparatively — and that’s not only because we’ll be celebrating 20 years in business. DEX 3 and DJ DEX app users can look forward to our new SoundCloud Partnership that will officially launch very early 2019. In-browser support for 190 million songs for a very affordable monthly fee? Yes, I’ll have seconds, please!
Stay tuned in for an upcoming blog post that will cover some of our goals for 2019, and beyond!