We are thrilled to announce the release of PCDJ DEX 3 RE (Red Edition) Version 3.20.5! A long time in the making, this free update for DEX 3 RE DJs includes a myriad of updates and improvements stemming from DEX 3 Pro. Always aiming to provide the best DJ software at the most affordable price, DEX 3 RE remains at the unbeatable cost of just $29.
Our team has been hard at work perfecting this version to deliver an enriched DJ experience for you, and we believe we’ve taken a significant leap forward with this latest release. Here’s what to expect:
Enhanced Beat Sync & Loop Precision: Your beat syncing and snap-to-beat loops have been fine-tuned for improved accuracy, leading to a more seamless DJ experience.
Intelligent Cue Point Setting: Now, whenever you set a cue point while a track is playing, it will smartly snap to the closest beat, enhancing your precision and control.
Error Notification and Prevention: DEX 3 RE will alert you if a corrupted or bad file was loaded, displaying an error message: “errors while decoding track.” To prevent potential crashes, any subsequent decoding errors will result in silence rather than disruption.
Expanded Controller Compatibility: We’ve added support for a range of new Pioneer controllers, including the DDJ-1000, DDJ-1000SRT, DDJ-800, DDJ-FLX4, DDJ-FLX6, DDJ-REV1, DDJ-400, and DDJ-200.
Controller Improvements: We’ve also introduced multiple enhancements to our already supported Pioneer controllers and refined the Vestax Typhoon controller mapping.
iTunes (Windows) Integration: Several fixes and improvements have been implemented for smoother integration with iTunes on Windows.
Advanced Scripting Actions & Notifications: New getValue scripting actions and new controller script actions have been introduced. Plus, there are fresh skin actions for greater control.
BPM and Beat Detection: Automatic BAR (measure) detection and down-beat detection make synchronizing tracks even easier.
Artwork Display: Now, you can view iTunes/Music artwork, even for DRM protected or cloud tracks (Mac only).
Optional Track Stripes: Stripes can now be deleted without having to re-analyze the track and they’re much smaller, saving space.
Sound Display Attributes: Added beatcolor, downbeatcolor, and chosendownbeatcolor to offer a more engaging visual experience.
Improved BPM Sync and Audio Engine: The audio engine is now fully 32-bit, and we’ve enhanced the BPM Sync for better tempo matching.
New Windows Audio Output System: We’ve implemented a new audio output system using WASAPI or ASIO, discontinuing DirectSound.
Audio Device Previewing: Fixed the not-working or poor audio quality issues for “Select an additional audio device for previewing / monitoring (headphones)” for both Windows and Mac.
Fixed Audio Device Selection: We’ve resolved issues related to selecting the default audio device at first run and fixed audio devices with special characters in their name not working.
Improved Compatibility and Performance: Numerous performance enhancements, bug fixes, and specific fixes for Denon MC6000 MK2 and MC7000 have been introduced.
Upgraded Minimum Requirements for Mac: Please note that the minimum requirement for Mac is now macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
The PCDJ team is always striving to refine and enhance your DJing experience. We can’t wait for you to experience the new and improved PCDJ DEX 3 RE (Red Edition) Version 3.20.5. Whether you’re a professional DJ or just love to mix and mash your favorite tracks at parties, our easy-to-use DJ software provides the tools you need to put on a spectacular show.
Get your hands on this incredible update today, and experience the next level of DJ software.
Everything New, Changed, and Fixed in DEX 3 RE Version 3.20.5
- More accurate sync and snap-to-beat loops
- Setting a cue point (only while playing) will now snap it to the closest beat
- Notify the user if a bad/corrupted file was loaded (UI message: “errors while decoding track”)
- After the first decoding error we only output silence thus preventing any possible crashes with further decoding errors
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-1000
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-800
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-FLX4
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-FLX6 (no merge fx or jog cutter support)
- New controller supported: Pioneer DDJ-REV1
- New controller supported: Pioneer DDJ-400
- New controller supported: Pioneer DDJ-200
- Multiple improvements to the 14 already-supported Pioneer controllers related to better detection and jog-wheel feel
- Vestax Typhoon controller mapping improvements
- Several fixes and improvements for the iTunes (Windows) integration
- Implemented getValue scripting actions: originalKey, currentKey, key | deckSyncKey, deckSyncKeyReset (controller script) + deck_synckey, deck_synckey_reset (skin)
- New controller script actions: deckStem1 .. 4, deckStemMomentary1 .. 4Nnew script notifications: stem1 .. 4Nnew skin actions: deck_stem_1 .. 4, deck_stem_m_1 .. 4Automatic BAR (measure) detection and down-beat detection
- Showing iTunes/Music artwork including for DRM protected or cloud tracks (Mac only)
- Stripes are now optional (eg. can be deleted without a need to re-analyze the track) and are much smaller (eg. ~100 KB/track now vs ~600 KB/track before)
- New skin actions: deck_bpm2, deck_pitch_key_label2, deck_beatpos2, deck_barpos, deck_barpos2, deck_bar_beat_pos, deck_edit_bpm_value, deck_edit_bpm_downbeat, deck_edit_bpm_movel, deck_edit_bpm_mover, deck_edit_bpm_double, deck_edit_bpm_more, deck_edit_bpm_less, deck_edit_bpm_half, deck_edit_bpm_remove_grid, deck_edit_bpm_add_grid, deck_edit_bpm_choose_grid
- Added beatcolor, downbeatcolor, chosendownbeatcolor attributes to sound display
- Removed setting: Use Steady BPM Detection (always enabled by default now
- Audio engine is now fully 32-bit
- Improved BPM Sync
- New Windows audio output system using WASAPI (new implementation) or ASIO; DirectSound discontinued;
- Windows, Mac: fixed not-working or bad audio quality for “Select an additional audio device for previewing / monitoring (headphones)”
- Windows, Mac: changed latency setting to power-of-two sizes (64, 128,…,4096) which corresponds to (1.45 ms, 2,9 ms,…,92.9 ms). Please note that on Windows you can only control the latency for ASIO, WASAPI latency is controlled by the OS itself (usually about 22 ms) and cannot be adjusted (it’s fixed).
- Mac: fixed unnecessary audio output resampling (very slight audio quality improvement)
- Windows: fixed pre-selecting the default audio device at the 1st run
- Fixes for Denon MC6000 MK2: VU-meters now working, better controller detection
- Fixes for Denon MC7000: crash when loading certain tracks
- Windows: fixed audio devices with special characters in their name not working
- Mac: fixed AirPods/Pro (and some other Bluetooth devices) sometimes not being detected/working correctly
- Mac: fixed upside-down video on deck 2 when no video loaded on deck 1 (present on some Intel-based Macs)
- Mac: minimum requirements are now macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive this warning “setup_dex3re_3.20.5_macOS.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. this software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information” when installing to macOS Catalina or above, please follow the steps on Apple’s website to install DEX 3 RE.
Have questions about the latest 3.20.5 version of our easy to use DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!