LYRX is the ultimate karaoke software for MAC and it just got a lot better with the release of version 1.2!
LYRX version 1.2 is ready for download below. A free update for all owners of LYRX, the new 1.2 release includes a large helping of new professional-level karaoke show hosting features.
Version 1.2 includes a new managed singer rotation list, singer/song history, automatic filler music player, and a few new karaoke-specific settings in options (these new features are covered in the overview video above). Version 1.2 is considered a major upgrade and the new professional-level karaoke features mean whether your a home user or a karaoke host that manages 50+ singers a karaoke night LYRX is ready to perform.
Also included are various new ease-of-use items and support for all various zip formats.
What’s New, Changed, and Updated in LYRX Version 1.2
- Added Karaoke Singers Rotation list
- Rotation list functionality – after 20s of playback, the top singer in the rotation list is moved to the bottom of the list (if it still has any songs left to play/sing)
- You can move, remove, collapse/expand the songs for a singer (click on the number of songs text/arrow)
- You can drop a karaoke track on a singer’s line (and the singer’s name will be automatically pre-selected)
- Singers history using autocomplete for Singer’s name (on macOS press F5 (Fn + F5) or Option-Esc to bring up the autocomplete list); you can clear the remembered singers;
- You can add a track to the rotation by drag&drop, pressing <ENTER> on a track, double-clicking on a track, selecting the “Send to sidelist” menu option (right-click on a track)
- Can read all karaoke zip formats
- Added Shuffle option to the Sort menu
- History list now displays the singer that sang the song (singer name is saved to History list)
– search for all songs by a karaoke singer in the History list by typing “singer:name” or “s:name” (eg. s:joe)
– several improvements and fixes for drag&drop (eg. you can drop a track in a specific position in the list)
- Karaoke Singers Rotation list is the default list in LYRX;
- Karaoke settings tab (in the Preferences/Configuration window)
– added setting: select the number of next singers to show on the video screen (0..5 singers)
– added setting: use case/preview player as background music / filler player for karaoke
- Background music player / filler player for karaoke
- Click on the Play button (case/preview player) to start mixing the AutoMix list; press again to pause;
- Right-click to mix to the next track (skip)
- The filler player works automatically:
– it starts/stops gracefully (fade in/out) when one of the decks is paused/playing
– you can activate and deactivate it using the small Play button (in the case/preview player)
- LYRX default skin completely redone (redrawn) to add the new Karaoke Singers Rotation list functionality
- LYRX new skin included
- Smaller fonts for the karaoke next singers (on the video output)
- Minor fixes and changes to the Preferences/Configuration window
- Other minor fixes and performance improvements
UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS: Download and install version 1.2 with your existing version closed to update automatically (install over-top)
Have questions about the new version of LYRX karaoke software for MAC? Please leave them in the comments section below!