LYRX 1.3, a major update for the karaoke software designed for MAC, is ready for download! (Update Button is Below)
Cut from the same cloth as DEX 3 Pro, LYRX is designed specifically for hosting karaoke shows with ease and precision. We’ve spent the last few months working on highly-requested karaoke features that we’re certain LYRX karaoke hosts are going to truly enjoy.
Now included in LYRX 1.3 is the ability to pre-adjust key when sending singer/song to rotation (which are also recorded in singer history for re-use at a future show), the ability to export lists in CSV or M3U format (making creating songbooks a cinch!), multiplex karaoke file support, a setting for keeping singers in rotation even when they have no songs in their queue, and on-screen visualizations with ‘Shaders‘ — among a handful of other welcomed additions.
LYRX 1.3 is our best karaoke software for MAC yet and we’ve got loads more coming down the pike!
As always, version 1.3 is a FREE upgrade for existing LYRX customers. Simply download and install the update with your existing version closed to update now!
New, Changed, and Fixed in LYRX v1.3
- You can pre-adjust key / apply key change in the karaoke rotation list
- You can add tracks from History that have a singer name and key change to the karaoke rotation list (the saved Singer and Key change will be used)
- Export lists as CSV / M3U (right-click on the list contents for the
option) – eg. you can use this to export a karaoke book in CSV format that you can process/edit and then print
- New setting: keep singers in rotation, even without songs
- You can adjust the filler music player volume control independent of the karaoke player volume
- Multiplex karaoke file support (mute/un-mute background vocal for multiplex CDG files); usually in these multiplex karaoke files the left channel is instruments-only and the right channel is instruments+voice.
- Custom video background (image or video) is now always displayed (even when there are no singers in the karaoke rotation list)
- Added Visualizations (using ShaderToy.com shaders) – you can add new shaders from ShaderToy.com, rename, remove them, etc
- Added “Always show shaders on top of everything” setting (Video preferences tab)
- Automatically hide/show shader in case the deck does/doesn’t have video – you need to select “0 singers” in the Karaoke preferences or have an audio-only track playing if you want to see the shader; or, you could simply use the new “Always show shaders on top of everything” setting
- Reorder user lists (playlists) in the browser by dragging them with the mouse
- Alphanumeric sorting of the user lists in the browser (right-click on a list for the option)
- Several bug fixes and performance improvements
Have questions about the latest iteration of our best karaoke software for MAC? Please leave them in the comments section below!