LYRX 1.8 update is ready for download! The free update for our best karaoke software solution includes notable enhancements to the audio engine, time-stretching, and more.
The latest release of LYRX, PCDJ’s modern karaoke show hosting software disrupting the status quo, is available for download. As is always the case, LYRX 1.8 is a free update for LYRX customers. Read on below and download and install version 1.8 with your exiting version closed to update now.
While LYRX 1.8 can be considered a maintenance release, the under-the-hood improvements are vast and benefits many. The refactored audio engine means this is the best sounding version of LYRX ever, along with peripheral features such as key lock greatly benefiting.
Dropping Windows Direct Sound for WASAPI means lower latency performance and better output quality and gain levels. Best of all, overall performance of LYRX will benefit from the improvements. A notably more stable and snappier build than earlier versions.
We suggest updating to version 1.8 of LYRX today so you can provide the best karaoke experience possible for your singers!
Everything New, Changed, and Fixed in LYRX 1.18
- New Audio Engine upgrade for Windows audio output system using WASAPI (new implementation) or ASIO (DirectSound discontinued)
- Big quality increase for “High-quality time-stretching” option (Key Lock and Key Stepping)
- New for both Mac and Windows: added extra input device for microphone because sometimes users have separate USB mics: “Select an additional audio device for microphone input (optional)”
- Windows, Mac: fixed not-working or bad audio quality for “Select an additional audio device for previewing / monitoring (headphones)”
- Windows, Mac: changed latency setting to power-of-two sizes (64, 128,…,4096) which corresponds to (1.45 ms, 2,9 ms,…,92.9 ms). Please note that on Windows you can only control the latency for ASIO, WASAPI latency is controlled by the OS itself (usually about 22 ms) and cannot be adjusted (it’s fixed).
- Mac: fixed audio inputs / microphone bad quality because of resampling bug
- Mac: fixed unnecessary audio output resampling (very slight audio quality improvement)
- Windows: fixed pre-selecting the default audio device at the 1st run
- Removed 3rd-party services tracks from the search results if they are not truly active
- Automatically clear decks video output when audio-only content is loaded (eg. after loading a video/karaoke track and then loading an audio track the last video frame was still showing)
- Mac: minimum requirements are now macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or newer
- Various performance improvements
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive this warning “setup_LYRX_1.18_mac.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. this software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information” when installing to macOS Catalina or above, please follow the steps on Apple’s website to install DEX 3.
Have questions about the latest 1.18 version of our Top karaoke software? Please leave them in the comments section below!