A new public beta version of our top karaoke software is ready for download (below)!
Version 0.8.6368 is all about tweaking the previous Karaoki beta version 0.8.6321 to perfection. Our engineering team has put a little extra elbow grease into fine-tuning the new additions implemented into the last couple of public beta versions to ensure better overall stability and performance.
An issue that presented itself in the previous 0.8.6321 release was the filler music player (AKA background music player) kicking on during low volume segments of the playing karaoke track. We believe this issue to be eradicated due to changes made to the AV playback engine. We look forward to your feedback in this regard and invite you to share your results on the Karaoki 0.8.6368 forum beta thread.
We appreciate your help in continued improvement to our top karaoke hosting software. We truly pride ourselves on keeping an ear to the ground and improving our karaoke software products largely based on customer feedback. You’re in the field hosting karaoke regularly and dealing with singer and song requests — who’s better equipped to provide insight on features and changes that will help you host better, more efficient karaoke shows?!?
New, Changed And Fixed In Karaoki Beta 0.8.6368
This beta’s features and updates are the same as 0.8.6321, plus:
- The AV engine has been revamped with better silence detection for the background music player. This change should hopefully resolve the issue with the BGM (kicking on during low volume segments of the playing karaoke song) that appeared in the previous beta.
- The History and Singer Screen buttons on the main screen now toggle the respective screens on and off.
Updates found in previous 0.8.6321 public beta:
- By default this version of Karaoki will prompt you to either start a new show or reload the previous one upon launch. You can alter this behavior with new “Startup ‘Load Show’ Options” item in the main config menu, which provides you with 3 options:
– ‘Always Load Last Show’
– ‘Ask To Load Last Show’
– ‘Always Start New Show’
- Even if ‘Always Start New Show’ is selected and Karaoki crashes for any reason, when restarted Karaoki will ask you if you wish to reload the last show.
- This build now included Karaoke Cloud Pro sub-cases: When clicking on the main Karaoke Cloud Pro case Karaoki will list all KCP tracks. The ‘With Lyrics’ sub-case only lists tracks with Lyrics, ‘Trivia’ only lists Trivia etc.
No Lyrics and Trivia tracks can also be filtered out of search results; the options are ‘KCP Search Options’ menu displayed when right clicking on the Karaoke Cloud Pro case or one of its sub cases.
Karaoki Change log:
Build #0.8.6321.25040 April 22nd 2017
Bug Fixes/ Potential Fixes:
- Fixed bug in Naming Convention scanner when file name contains a period.
- ‘Loaded track’ field displaying incorrect song data
- Fixed Exception in ‘Track Data’ editor form.
- Fixed exception generated then the file path for ‘Karaoke Cloud Pro’ files is broken – KJs are now informed of the error using a pop-up message.
- The AV engine has been upgraded to a newer version; this may also help with the BGM issues some users have reported.
- By default, when started Karaoki will ask if you wish to reload last show.
- Added option to select “Startup ‘Load Show’ options”, the options are, ‘Always Load Last Show’, ‘Ask To Load Last Show'(Default), and ‘Always Start New Show’.
- Karaoki now has crash recovery code that asks you if they wish to reload the previous show after a crash.
- The KCP case now has sub folders for ‘No Lyric’ tracks, ‘Trivia’ and ‘With Lyrics’ tracks.
- Options have been added on the library cases tree right click menu so ‘No Lyrics’ and ‘Trivia’ tracks are excluded for the search results. To access the options right click on the ‘Karaoke Cloud Pro’ case or one of it’s sub folders.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Install update with your existing version of Karaoki closed. The public beta will automatically overwrite and update your version and keep all data intact (you will not need to re-activate the software!). If you have any issues please share them with the Karaoki user community HERE ON THE USER FORUMS.
Have questions about the latest iteration of our top karaoke software solution? Please leave them in the comments section below!