The all-new DJ DEX app is now available in the Apple App Store at an introductory price of only $4.99.
DJ DEX has been redesigned from the ground up using the same advanced and custom technologies found in DEX 3 Pro, making for a robust and fun-to-mix-with iPad DJ app that can be used as a backup for your events or as your go-to mixing software solution.
Get all touchy with the intuitive interface or plug in a DJ controller for tactile control over features like BPM sync, interactive waveform displays, pitch/tempo control, scratching, seamless automatic looping, automix, recording, and effects. Multi-channel audio interfaces are also supported (if the iPad supports it, so will DJ DEX) so you can cue up and preview songs in your headphone before sending the mix live.
Here’s a look at the key features you get with DJ DEX ($4.99):
- 2 DJ DECKS and a Mixer
- Hands-on manual mixing or hands-free automation
- Pitch/Tempo Control
- BPM Snap-To-Beat Mixing
- Seamless quantized looping
- Automatic Beat-Grid based BPM detection
- High-Quality effects (Break, Flanger, Echo, etc)
- Interactive waveforms that allow you to scratch, pitch bend, reverse play, backspin, etc
- library browsing and search
- 6 hot cues can be set per deck, with cue-play
- Free updates!
DJ Controller Support:
- Lots of controllers supported (eg. Numark DJ2GO, Akai LPD8, Hercules DJControl Instinct for iPad, etc). No configuration needed, but you do need the iPad Camera Kit connector or a Lightning to USB adapter
- Supports multi-channel audio controllers
Maximize DJ DEX for performance:
- Turn on “Flight Mode” when doing live mixes
- If you need both speakers and headphones preview and you don’t have a multi-channel audio interface or controller you can use a special inexpensive “splitter” that splits the headphones output so that the left channel will go to the speakers (master output) and right channel will go to the headphones (monitor)
Have questions about the new DJ DEX iPad DJ App? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below!