KaraoQuest 1.1.0 mobile singer/song request app is now available on the app store.
KaraoQuest is a free (with ads) no-frills iPhone/iPad mobile app that allows karaoke singers to view, search and request songs to sing via local area network (no internet required). Song requests are then viewed and accepted through the remote connections module in Karaoki and sent to the singer rotation list with a single click.
Since KaraoQuest works via network connection, internet isn’t required or utilized — which is a huge benefit for KJs in remote areas that lack reliable internet access.
App developer and karaoke aficionado Martin Picard created KaraoQuest after reviewing our old, outdated ‘Remote Request Terminal’ application made available for our Karaoki karaoke software years ago. The remote request terminal didn’t play nicely with Windows 10 so he hammered keys and developed what is now KaraoQuest.
The now-available 1.1.0 update to KaraoQuest includes various bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as GUI tweaks and a couple new features.
Here’s what’s new, changed and updated in KaraoQuest 1.1.0
- Songbooks, venues and singers data saved locally
- Reloading the songs on application startup is now optional
- Configurable retention period (default 1 day)
- Support for custom TCP port (other than 6000)
- Simpler main interface
- Enhanced status messages and error handling
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
How The KaraoQuest iOS App Works
For KJs (easy setup instructions):
- Open PCDJ Karaoki
- In ‘Remote Connections’, make sure
– ‘Remote Enabled’ button is activated
– ‘Remote case’ to be shared is selected
Step 2 – Search Song
Browse or search through the song list and select a song for request.
Step 3 – Request Song
Enter your name and press confirm request to send the request to the PCDJ Karaoki host.