DEX 3.4 release candidate is now available for download.
A release candidate (RC) of DEX 3 is a beta version with potential to be the final release, which is ready to release unless significant issues emerge.
Our staff and beta team DJs have been testing DEX the 3.4 version like crazy and reporting back to our development team leader with any issues or suggestions. This latest DEX 3.4 build has been reportedly very road-worthy and the freshly included new features are performing as expected — so we’re ready to let you get your hands on it!
DEX 3 continues to innovate and improve with every free update launched, proving it to be a truly robust and forward thinking DJ and VJ software platform for DJs that #MixEverything
WHAT’S NEW, CHANGED OR FIXED IN DEX 3.4 RC
This has turned out to be a pretty big update!
All DEX 3.4 2-deck skins were updated as well to include a new “scratch tab” that shows side-by-side waveform’s.
- Brand new BPM detection engine (beta)
- Icecast support (beta) – broadcast your live mix
- Scratch tab/panel on the 2-decks skins
- Loop points (saving and recalling loops)
- Loop “Slip mode” setting – when exiting the loop it will continue as if no looping occurred (from the position it ought to be)
- Auto-Cueing completely revamped:
Automatically detected mix-in and mix-out cue points (IN/OUT)
Setting to use either soft sounds or percussion for the in/out cue points detection
Setting to use or not Auto-cueing when loading and for Auto-Mix
- Effect engine refactoring (internal)
- New Effects: Bit Crusher – Robot Delay – Temolo – And new redesigned High-Pass and Low-Pass Filters.
- Samplers improvements incl. Sampler play modes (normal, stutter, instant/momentary), recording, waveform, cutoff filter, monitoring (pre-listen)
- Controllers can now be detected using USB VID:PID also on Mac
- Denon MC-6000 MKII DJ Controller is fully supported
- When exiting search it restores the last viewed list/folder
- Graphics rendering improvements (eg. better looking text)
- Setting to change between then new and the old (compatibility mode) BPM detection
- Several small bug fixes (including 2 crash fixes) and optimizations
- Drag & drop files from Explorer / Finder to the current-list or the side-list
- Automatic detection of arrival/removal of MIDI controllers (you can now plug in or disconnect devices while DEX 3.4 is running)
EXPLANATION: Basically, you are able to start DEX 3.4 and then at your convenience connect or disconnect any (supported DJ controller) MIDI controller and it will work. So, you can start DEX 3.4 without a DJ controller connected and then add or remove controllers (up to 8 at the same time) and they will be detected and start working automatically. This works on both Mac and Windows. This feature is really great if a controller hangs for some reason (so you would simply power it off and then back on — or remove it and then add it back) or if you simply wants to hook an additional controller.
- Icecast problems with metadata (not always updating) and problems keeping/making the connection sometimes (solution: restart the app)
IMPORTANT NOTES: This DEX 3.4 DJ and VJ Software Update Will Overwrite Your Existing DEX 3 Version Upon Installation. Downloading the FREE TRIAL will update your version (you will not have to re-activate the software!)
*If you have any problems with 3.4, you can re-install DEX 3.3.3 from the DEX 3 support page HERE