One of the most notable improvements to the DEX 3.8 platform is under the hood. Development was elbow deep like a grease-monkey replacing core components to audio engine to make it perform more efficiently. This results in smoother, better overall performance across all the DJ software‘s capabilities.
New in version 3.8 for DEX 3 RE and LE is a brand spanking new BPM calculation and beat-sync engine that’s especially tight for electronic music: Press the Beat-Sync button once and the track should stay locked in tempo with the master, allowing you to focus less on nudging songs back on beat and more on other aspects of your performance.
Also included are revamped waveform displays with three distinct color tones for easier frequency detection. This update is especially handy for beat-mixing and scratching.
Tracks will now load instantaneously in version 3.8 after onetime analyzation (or after the first time they are played). No longer will you see the waveform built when a track is loaded, instead the song will fully populate the deck on load.
Version 3.8 0f DEX 3 RE (Red Edition) and DEX 3 LE (Free DJ software) is foundation update to our versatile DJ mixing programs. We suggest existing DEX 3 RE users update now from the DEX 3 RE support page, and anyone that’s previously download a free trial of DEX 3 RE should download version 3.8 and take it for a test spin!
What’s New, Changed And Fixed In Version 3.8
- Always-in-sync (sync-lock/beat-lock) – press Sync once and the song will stay in-sync with the master deck
- Steady-rhythm BPM detection mode (for sync-lock) – works best for songs with perfect tempo (eg. electronic music)
- Tonal waveform’s (3 distinct layers so you can clearly see the rhythm and RMS/global levels)
- Once you’ve analyzed a track (either by loading it or by using the batch Analyze/all feature) it will load instantly thereafter
- DEX 3 RE ONLY – 3 new controllers supported: Denon MC7000, Hercules P32 DJ, Reloop Mixon 4
- You can now minimize the main window (on your own display or switch to a different app while the secondary karaoke window will remain visible)
- Fixed crash when scanning bad/corrupt mp3s
- Various bug fixes and optimizations
Controller Scripting Update:
For controller scripts (mappings) we have added the following:
- Actions to assign a deck to the crossfader (to the left side, right side or simply skip the crossfader (THRU)): ‘deckCFAssignToLeft’, ‘deckCFAssignToThru’, ‘deckCFAssignToRight, ‘deckSetCFAssign’ (input values for ‘deckSetCFAssign’: 0 (left), 1 (THRU), 2 (right))
- Notifications: global: recording; per-deck: cuepos11 .. cuepos16, looppos1 .. looppos8, fxCutoffLP, fxCutoffHP, fxBitCrusher, fxTremolo