DJ Software: RED Mobile 3 Preview
Our DJ software designed for Mobile DJs and DJs seeking an easy-to-use mixing software solution is about to receive a platform makeover.
RED Mobile 3, a free upgrade for RED Mobile 2 customers, will be released in the coming week — and just like DEX 3 it’s essentially a brand new product built on a new core. It’s the foundation for the next 5+ years of RED Mobile 3 (and beyond) updates. Since it’s built on DEX 3.3 (the latest update) RED Mobile 3 will be a polished road-ready release.
The thing RED Mobile 2 customers will notice right away is the new browser. It’s a lot more robust, and will handle over 1 million tracks. Search improvements, album art and a new Sidelist (real-time, always visible waitlist – oh yeah!) are just the tip of the iceberg.
Here’s a general overview of what’s new in RED Mobile 3:
- 64bit MAC support, and 64bit optimization for Windows 7/8/8.1 (Windows 10 will also be supported)
- Many performance upgrades, more responsive than ever before.
- The database is no longer a simple list (as in RED Mobile 2) — all tracks browsed in the software are inserted into the database and they be instantly searched/used later (basically, open up a folder through explorer or finder, or from favorites, and the contents of that directory will be added to the search cache automatically)
- Album artwork in lists/explorer/finder
- Track tags are always displayed in the browser (even when browsing directories in explorer or finder)
- All-New “Side List” or Request List – double click, drag and drop, or click enter on your keyboard to send track to always-visible side list (which can be used for manual playback or Auto-Mix)
- Touch-friendly mode, and “list mode” for excel spread sheet style
- New Sidelist will double as a basic singers list for karaoke
Graphics Engine Updates:
- Transparency on graphics is supported throughout the skin
- Controls over/inside other controls, z-order, non-standard shapes, masking, etc are now possible
- Retina support for the latest MAC’s
- Dynamic re-size the skin (to fit displays our skins don’t natively support)
- Sound display rendering greatly improved (RMS waveform + rhythm waveform overlapped)
- Sound display (including waveform) blinks when the track is close to the end (<30 seconds left)
- New Setting to enable/disable resetting of pitch after auto-mix
DJ Controllers Engine Upgraded:
- The level of depth and layered support for DJ controllers using our RED Mobile 3 DJ software is better than ever.
We’ll email RED Mobile 2 customers as soon as the new FREE update is ready for download!