DJ Mixing Software: PCDJ DEX 2
DEX 2 is our top mixing software solution for DJs that want to offer the total multimedia experience to their clients and patrons. A true all-in-one DJ mixing software solution that blends audio, music videos and karaoke seamlessly. With one-click beat sync, high-quality time stretching, support for 60+ DJ controllers and various effects/transitions PCDJ DEX 2 is truly complete product for the pro DJ.
For the last 8+ months we've been working on a major platform upgrade for both of our DJ software products, DEX 2 and RED mobile 2 (which will consequently be called DEX 3 and RED Mobile 3). This is what’s called a “core upgrade” (Think Foundation) and includes a new graphics engine, new video mixing engine and brand new state-of-the-art browser. For the most part, our existing (it just sounds better) audio engine is staying put, with some minor tweaks and updates.
We plan to publicly launch version 3 of both of our DJ mixing software products in the next month or so. Until then, since our customers have been very patient and we’d like to throw everyone a bone – – here are a few noteworthy new features and changes to expect in our upcoming version 3 of DEX. (NOTE: FREE DJ software upgrades will be provided to all existing PCDJ DEX 2 and RED Mobile 2 users!)
DEX 2 Graphics Engine Updates:
- Transparency on graphics is possible throughout the skin
- Controls over/inside other controls, z-order, non-standard shapes, masking, etc are now possible
- Retina support for the latest Macs (with dynamic on-off when needed)
- Dynamic resize the skin (to fit displays our skins don’t natively support)
- Sound display rendering greatly improved (RMS waveform + rhythm waveform overlapped)
- Sound display (including waveform) blinks when the track is close to the end (<30 seconds left)
- Truly separate video previews for each DJ deck (decks with fx preview, master mix preview)
- New Setting to enable/disable resetting of pitch after auto-mix
DJ Controllers Engine Upgraded:
The level of depth and layered support for DJ controllers using our DJ software has never been better!
- The database is not a simple list (as in DEX 2) — all tracks browsed in the software are inserted into the database and they be instantly searched/used later
- Album artwork in lists/explorer (and optionally over the jog-wheels)
- Track tags are always displayed in the browser (even when browsing disk folders!)
- All-New "Side List" or Request List – double click, drag and drop, or click enter on your keyboard to send track to visble side list (which can be used for manual or Auto-Mix)
…And loads of other bug fixes and performance enhancements! Once the first versions of DEX 3 and RED Mobile 3 are launched publicly, our users can expect regular updates to both DJ software platforms throughout this year. The new core upgrade will allow us to build on top of the code like never before possible – so very exciting times ahead!
Don't own PCDJ DEX yet and want to take it for a test spin? Visit HERE