Version 22.214.171.124 for both DEX 3 (Pro) and DEX 3 RE is now available for download.
Version 126.96.36.199 is a mainly a maintenance release, which means PCDJ development spent a little extra time in the bat cave over the last couple of weeks tinkering with code to ensure better overall performance and stability. While that may not be jump-up-off-the-couch exciting, what it does mean is a better DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE experience for you!
We have added the recently released map files for the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4, DDJ-SR2, and DDJ-SB3 (no need to download the map/script separately) — these three Pioneer DJ controllers are now natively (plug-and-play) supported by DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE.
Due to popular request we’ve included a setting in version 188.8.131.52 to use the old style sync feature (minus beat-lock).
A couple reported bugs were also squashed, including an issue with certain karaoke zip files and an issue on exiting the application that would cause a crash for some users.
You will want to download and install the v184.108.40.206 free DEX 3/DEX 3 RE update straight away for a more polished mixing experience. If you’re a DEX 3 LE user (free DJ software) than version 220.127.116.11 is also available. Simply re-download using the free trial form and install with your version closed for a seamless update.
What’s New, Changed, and Fixed in DEX 3/DEX 3 RE v18.104.22.168
- Added new setting “Use sync-lock when possible”; if you disable it you get the old Sync functionality
- New DJ controllers added (plug-and-play support): Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4, Pioneer DDJ-SR2, Pioneer DDJ-SB3
- Fixed deck getting “stuck” (playing only silence) after loading a bad karaoke zip file (eg. the files inside with different names)
- Fix a crash that would occur only on exiting DEX 3/DEX 3 RE
- Changed automatic karaoke filler music player functionality so there’s no pause/silence at all before it kicks in (DEX 3 only)
- Various under-the-hood performance improvements and small bug fixes
Installation Note: Download and install the update from the product support page. Install with your version closed for a seamless patch right over-top (all your data/lists/settings will remain intact)