DEX 3 RE version 188.8.131.52 is available for download! The free update of our easy to use DJ software includes major improvements to the audio engine and more.
PCDJ development spent considerable time under-the-hood with DEX 3 RE improving the foundation. We suggest updating your copy today; just download and install version 184.108.40.206 with your exiting installed version closed to update.
The most notable improvement included in DEX 3 RE version 220.127.116.11 is that the audio I/O system was completely refactored to be more stable and modern. You can also now use more (different) audio devices at the same time, with a maximum of 3: one that can have both inputs and outputs. If there are more than 1 headphones connected the signal will be sent to/from all of them.
Sound quality has improved with the new WASAPI (Windows Only) implementation and basic ‘Direct Sound’ support has been discontinued. Therefore, if you use your built-in laptop audio interface for your output device, you can (and should) use the new WASAPI option versus other audio driver options like asio4all.
New, Changed, and Fixed in DEX 3 RE Version 18.104.22.168
- New Windows audio output system using WASAPI (new implementation) or ASIO; DirectSound discontinued;
- Windows, Mac: fixed not-working or bad audio quality for “Select an additional audio device for previewing / monitoring (headphones)”
- Windows, Mac: changed latency setting to power-of-two sizes (64, 128,…,4096) which corresponds to (1.45 ms, 2,9 ms,…,92.9 ms). Please note that on Windows you can only control the latency for ASIO, WASAPI latency is controlled by the OS itself (usually about 22 ms) and cannot be adjusted (it’s fixed).
- Mac: fixed unnecessary audio output resampling (very slight audio quality improvement)
- Windows: fixed pre-selecting the default audio device at the 1st run
- Fixes for Denon MC6000 MK2: VU-meters now working, better controller detection
- Fixes for Denon MC7000: crash when loading certain tracks
- Windows: fixed audio devices with special characters in their name not working
- Mac: fixed AirPods/Pro (and some other Bluetooth devices) sometimes not being detected/working correctly
- Mac: minimum requirements are now macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Various performance improvements
IMPORTANT NOTE: in most cases you will need to re-do your audio routing settings after installing 22.214.171.124. You will see a warning (plus instructions) displayed on screen if the current settings are not properly configured.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive this warning “setup_dex3re_126.96.36.199_mac.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. this software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information” when installing to macOS Catalina or above, please follow the steps on Apple’s website to install DEX 3 RE.
Have questions about the latest 188.8.131.52 version of our easy to use DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!