DEX 3.7.0 public beta is ready to download for both Mac and Windows and includes new text, image and video overlay capabilities.
Adding to DEX 3’s innovative set of video mixing tools is the brand-spanking-new Text, Image and Video Overlay feature accessible under the ‘Video’ tab in options.
VDJ’s can create in-depth custom multi-layer overlays that can be used on screen while playing audio, video or karaoke tracks. Custom backgrounds can also be used behind karaoke MP3+G files.
This is a much anticipated and requested feature update for DEX 3 and while testing in-house has gone as well as expected we could use your feedback. You can find the download towards the bottom of this post.
Here are the key highlights of this major update to DEX 3.7 (Public Beta 1)
- A complete refactored Karaoke Singers List: DJs and VDJs can now add a custom background (an image or a video) for the Karaoke Singers List. Access this new feature from Preferences -> Video tab.
- Video Graphics Overlays: At the moment the new overlay features must be accessed under Preferences (Options) -> Video Tab -> Video Overlays (Button).
Note: We plan to add a button directly on the skin at some point in the near future.DEX 3 users can add images, text and video to screen on top of the other items. (Image Examples: logo, a picture of a person(s)/birthday, you can add videos — yes, videos!). All items (text, image and video overlays) can be moved on the screen: DJs can rotate, set each items size and can also adjust the font, color, opacity, etc.This adds a lot of flexibility to the video output screen. DEX 3 users can also make “batches” of items that can be saved and loaded while in the mix.
- Pulselocker can be disabled (removed) from the browser: self explanatory.
All Changes Included In DEX 3.7.0 (Public Beta)
- Video Graphics Overlays (add custom text, images, videos to the video screen. “show logo” on screen)
- Custom background (image or video) for Karaoke Singers List
- “Disable Pulselocker” setting
- Completely reimplemented Karaoke Singers List
- New skin/scripting actions: “show_video_overlays” skin action, “videoOverlays” MIDI/skin scripting
- Several bugs squashed
How-To Use The New Text, Image And Video Overlays Feature In DEX 3
Have questions about our video mixing software? Please leave them in the comments section below!