Download DEX 3.20.1, the latest free update to our flagship DJ software and a ‘must-install’ if you use a Pioneer DJ controller.
Just last week we announced the release of DEX 3.20, which centered around improved beat-grid and beat-detection technology. This week, DEX 3.20.1 is available and the focus is support for newer Pioneer DJ controllers and improved support for previously supported units.
Pioneer DJ has a reputation for producing high-quality, reliable, and innovative DJ controllers, including one of their recent releases and top-seller the REV-1. DEX 3.20.1 now includes support for the REV-1, the DDJ-400, and DDJ-200 Pioneer DJ controllers. DEX 3 DJs can now enjoy plug-and-play support for these controllers, as well as improved support for twelve previously supported Pioneer DJ controllers (most notably, improved jog wheel support).
If you already use a Pioneer DJ controller or plan on purchasing one in the near future, installing DEX 3.20.1 is a must. Also, included are a few bug fixes and performance improvements, so non-Pioneer DJ controller users will still want to update.
New, Changed, and Fixed in DEX 3.20.1
- New controller supported: Pioneer DDJ-REV1
- New controller supported: Pioneer DDJ-400
- New controller supported: Pioneer DDJ-200
- Multiple improvements to the 14 already-supported Pioneer controllers related to better detection and jog-wheel feel
- New controller script actions: deckStem1 .. 4, deckStemMomentary1 .. 4Nnew script notifications: stem1 .. 4Nnew skin actions: deck_stem_1 .. 4, deck_stem_m_1 .. 4
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations
Not a DEX 3 user? Download Free Trial
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive this warning “setup_dex3_3.20.1_macOS.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. this software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information” when installing to macOS Catalina or above, please follow the steps on Apple’s website to install DEX 3.
Have questions about the latest 3.20.1 version of our Best DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!