DJ CONTROLLERS | Updated Pioneer WeGO2 Map For DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE Available
Our DJ controller mapping guru’s have updated the Pioneer WeGO2 map to provide improved plug-and-play support for both DEX 3 (pro edition) and DEX 3 RE (red edition).
Released all the way back in 2013 (in ‘DJ controller years’ that’s a lifetime), the DDJ-WeGO2 is an ultra-compact DJ Controller that’s nearly the exact width as a 13″ laptop keyboard.
Pioneer DJ designed the WeGO2 to make it easy for bedroom DJs and hobbyists to learn the DJing essentials by providing users with a simple means of creating “cool and unique mixes with their own music collection”. It definitely screams ‘consumer’ due to Pioneer DJs unique application of LED’s and “pulse control”.
The DDJ-WeGO2 offers a smattering of advanced but easy to use, functions and features that make the art of DJing fun and simple including: FX, multi-color LED illumination, iPhone/iPad/iPod touch compatibility and support for DJ software such as DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE (with the download map file below).
Our team more recently wrapped up support for the newer and currently sold Pioneer WeGO3 and felt a few additional tweaks to the WeGO2 script were in order. Our DJ software and the way it communicates with DJ controllers has been greatly improved over the last 3 years and the updated script will offer tighter, more responsive control when using the WeGO2 to operate DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE.
For bedroom DJs or hobbyists the Pioneer WeGO2 is a solid option, it should hold up well for backpack trips to a friends house party and party-goers should enjoy the built in light show produced by the “Pulse” feature.
PIONEER WEGO2 INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip the Map (js file ONLY in zip) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-DEX3 (OR PCDJ-RED3) -> CONTROLLERS.
Pioneer DDJ-WeGO2 Description
MIXING MADE EASY
The DDJ-WeGO2 utilizes visual prompts and audio cues, built-in effects and features, and includes accessories to make DJ performances effortless:
- Jog FX – Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the Jog wheel.
- Pulse Control – Provides users with visual prompts with a variety of colored lights on the Jog platters:
- Mix Pulse – Lights around the jog wheel show the beat of tracks in play. The lights lose intensity as the beats go out of sync, giving novices a visual aid to beat matching.
- Launch Pulse – A red light travels from the Load button to the jog wheel when a track has loaded successfully so DJs know when a track is ready to play.
- FX Pulse – The effect being applied to the currently playing song will not only be heard, but will also be represented visually via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- USB Powered – The DDJ-WeGO2 utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- Other features
- Built-in audio ports for high quality sound input and output.
- Built-in sound card for expanded music storage and portability.
- Compact size – 14.9″ x 8.2″ x 2.5″ (without stand).
- Weighs 3.53 lbs (without stand) for easy transportation.
Have questions about the Pioneer WeGO2 or how to use DJ controllers with our DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!