We’ve just wrapped up DEX 3 support for two Hercules DJ Controllers — the DJControl Startlight and DJControl Inpulse 200. Download the map files below!
As if our development team hasn’t been incredibly busy with the recent DEX 3.14 launch, they managed to sneak in a couple fresh Hercules DJ Controller maps.
By downloading and placing the map files (below) in the DJ Controller controllers folder, DEX 3 DJs will have plug-and-play support for the Hercules DJ Control Starlight and/or DJ Control Impulse 200. These are the latest supported DJ controllers by DEX 3, which now supports well over 100 DJ Controllers from the top DJ equipment manufacturer’s.
Hercules DJControl Starlight
Ultra-compact, ultra-light, ultra-practical and ultra-unique with its lights, the DJControl Starlight packs all the features needed to mix and scratch. With its built-in audio interface, the DJControl Starlight offers pre-listening in the headphones so you can then play your mix on speakers, which is perfect for learning or creating new mixes. The system is so comprehensive for its size that it boasts all the essential features such as bass equalization/filter knobs for smooth transitions or touch-sensitive jog wheels for easy scratching. The added bonus: the bright and powerful RGB backlighting with unique strobe effects to make it easier to learn how to mix.
Like the Numark DJ2GO2, the Hercules DJControl Starlight is a “throw it in your backpack and go” Controller that’s ideal for house parties and smaller mobile events. It even has a few bells and whistles not available with the aforementioned Numark DJ2GO2, as well. At a price-point of only $89.99 it’s at the very least a fantastic practice unit. For more information on specifications visit the Hercules DJ Control Starlight Specifications Page.
Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200
The DJControl Inpulse 200 has the industry-standard look like many other popular entry-level controllers on the market. It’s equipped with two decks with 8 performance pads per decks, touch-sensitive jog wheels, a 3 band EQ and filter on the mixer and a built-in audio interface with headphone pre-fade listening. It’s a step up from the Starlight, and will run you $119.99 at most online DJ equipment shops. Another small form controller that you can throw in a bag and hit the road with. Learn more about the specifications on the Hercules DJControl.
Keep an eye out for a blog post regarding DEX 3 support for a couple additional (and more recent) Hercules DJ Controllers in the next couple of weeks!
DJ CONTROLLER MAP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- For DEX 3 Version 3.14 and Above: Open up DEX 3 and go into options. Under the General Tab in option click the “Data Folder” button to open up the PCDJ-DEX3 folder. Close DEX 3. Unzip the Js map file and place it in the Controllers folder within the PCDJ-DEX3 data folder. Start DEX 3 with the DJ Controller connected and it will be picked up by DEX 3.
- For DEX 3 RE (Red Edition) Unzip the Map (js file ONLY in zip) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-RED3 -> CONTROLLERS
After installation, go into DEX 3 RE/DEX 3’s options and under the “Audio Routing” tab apply this configuration:
- From Select Audio Device, Select the Hercules ASIO option.
- Deck A through D: 1+2
- Headphones 3+4
- All other options can be set to none/no audio (including additional headphone/preview device).
- Do NOT put a tick in the box for external mixer mode.
- That will provide the proper audio routing for headphone pre-fade listening (cue)
Have questions about the Hercules DJ Control Starlight or Hercules DJ Control Inpulse 200 and how they work with our DEX 3 DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!