Take control over DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE DJ programs with the Hercules DJControl Instinct P8 controller.
The Hercules DJControl Instinct P8 is a portable, inexpensive controller designed for casual DJing. A colorful, entry-level option for beginner DJs and bedroom jocks that you can throw in a backpack and setup with DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE at a birthday or house party. It’s also fairly rugged for the price, with most sites listing it at only $129 (USD).
The Hercules DJControl Instinct line has been around for over 5 years now and the the DJControl Instinct P8 returns in “supercharged form”, offering a nice array of mixing and remixing features along with a built in 2 stereo output audio interface (for pre-fade listening) that will help a Beginner DJ learn the Digital DJ basics:
- Dual-deck DJ controller (2 deck mixing)
- 8 sample pads with multicolored lighting, allowing better comprehension
- Loop mode can be triggered temporarily, using the pads, or permanently, using the encoder
- Effects control and adjustment
- Dedicated SYNC, Cue, Play/Pause buttons
- Separate MODES on each deck
- Touch-sensitive deck and SCRATCH mode
- 3-band equalizer with volume fader and crossfader
- More functions are accessible using the SHIFT button
- Built-in sound card with 2 RCA outputs for mixing and a 1.8″/3.5 mm mini-jack stereo output for previewing tracks on headphones
- Detachable USB cable
- Easy to install, USB-powered port; no drivers required
- PC / Mac compatible
The map for Hercules DJControl Instinct P8 is already included with the installation of DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE version 3.7.5 (or higher) – so all DJs need to do in order to connect is open up the DJ program while the DJControl Instinct P8 is connected.
Have questions about the Hercules DJ Control Instinct P8 and using it with a PCDJ DJ program? Please leave them in the comments section below!