With the 2-deck Hercules DJControl Compact measuring at just 13.4 x 3.9 inches makes it one of the most compact and portable DJ controllers available. Our DJ controller ‘mapping and testing’ team feels the DJControl Compact’s slim design makes it a perfect option for practicing or for light DJing at small gatherings and house parties. Or, in the event your main DJ controller fails at a gig it could fill in as a useful backup.
While relatively minuscule compared to many of the other DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE supported DJ controllers this little guy packs a punch. The Hercules DJControl Compact pads (4 for each deck) control loops, manipulates effects, trigger samples and cue points. Each deck is also equipped with a two-band equalizer and 3″ jog wheels that work well enough for some basic scratching.
One item missing that’s become somewhat standard in most DJ controller is the lack of a built-in audio interface. If you need headphone pre-fade listening you could use the Hercules DJControl Compact with an audio interface such as the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.
If you’re a DJ on the go that values portability without too much sacrifice the Hercules DJControl Compact pairs well with DEX 3 and DEX 3 DJ software. I can see some old PCDJ DAC-3 controller users enjoy DJing with it.
HERCULES DJCONTROL COMPACT INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip the Map (js file ONLY in zip) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-DEX3 (OR PCDJ-RED3) -> CONTROLLERS.
(mapping guide coming soon!)
Here’s What Hercules DJ Say’s About The DJControl Compact
The most complete and portable DJ controller!
- THE “On the go” DJ companion:
- Compact: 13,4 x 3,9″ / 34 x 10 cm
- Fits very easily into a bag or laptop shoulder bag
- USB bus-powered (detachable USB cable supplied)
- Weight: < 1.23 lbs / 0.56 kg
Compact. Complete. Charismatic.
- A 16:9th design, ideal for transporting without making concessions on the features!
- Ergonomics that adapt perfectly to your laptop
- Concentrated Djing: all the essential functionality in an ultra-portable design
- Two-deck DJ controller
- 2 jog wheels + 2.95″ (7.5 cm)
- 4 modes (Loop, Fx, Samples, Cue) per deck
- 4 pads per deck
- 2 equalization potentiometers per deck
- 1 volume potentiometer per deck
- 1.77″ (45 mm) crossfader
- 10 control buttons including a SHIFT command allowing you to double all the pad controls.
The essentials of the mix at your fingertips
- Scratch as naturally as with a vinyl record with the help of the jog wheels
- The jog wheels also control the Pitch and navigation within the tracks
- Highly intuitive features to create Loops, add effects and launch samples thanks to the unrivalled feel of the pads!
Have questions about the Hercules DJControl Compact or how to use DJ controllers with our DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!