Download the MAP (below) for the Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 for plug-and-play DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE DJ software support!
The Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 is now mapped for DEX 3 DJ software support. By downloading and installing the script below, DEX 3 DJs can plug in the DJControl Inpulse 500, launch DEX 3, and take control over a myriad of DEX 3’s mixing features, including video mixing and karaoke support. Configure the audio routing options for headphone pre-fade listening. If you already have DEX 3.15 by the time you’re reading this, the Map file is already included with the installation (no need to download below).
The DJControl Inpulse 500 is a one of Hercules DJ’s premier DJ 2-channel DJ controllers with pro-level features. It’s equipped with two high-resolution jog wheels and 16 RGB-backlit pads, a Filter/FX section, a built-in audio interface and hardware input mixer with a full array of I/O, including a microphone input with High EQ and Low EQ knobs for tone-sculpting (which lends itself nicely to those that use DEX 3 for hosting karaoke). You also get an aux input with add “ear-grabbing filter effects”. The retractable/extendable feet provide easy cable routing and protect against spilled drinks (also a big plus for KJs!).
The DJControl Inpulse 500 would be a great fit for mobile DJs using DEX 3, and compares favorably to other 2-deck DJ Controllers at an attractive price-point of only $299 on most DJ equipment websites.
Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 Features:
- 2-channel DJ controller with pro-level performance features
- 2 high-resolution jog wheels
- Filter/FX section supplies smooth, customizable transitions between tracks
- 16 RGB-backlit pads, a vinyl function, and Loop In/Loop Out buttons
- Crossfader with a Curve switch for changing the crossfade curve
- Built-in audio interface and hardware input mixer with a full complement of I/O
- Balanced input accommodates your microphone with High EQ and Low EQ knobs for tone-sculpting
- Aux input supplies ear-grabbing filter effect independent of your software
- Retractable/extendable feet provide easy cable routing and protect against spilled drinks
DJ CONTROLLER MAP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- For DEX 3 Version 3.14 and Above: Open up DEX 3 and go into options. Under the General Tab in option click the “Data Folder” button to open up the PCDJ-DEX3 folder. Close DEX 3. Unzip the Js map file and place it in the Controllers folder within the PCDJ-DEX3 data folder. Start DEX 3 with the DJ Controller connected and it will be picked up by DEX 3.
- For DEX 3 RE (Red Edition) Unzip the Map (js file ONLY in zip) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-RED3 -> CONTROLLERS
After installation, go into DEX 3 RE/DEX 3’s options and under the “Audio Routing” tab apply this configuration:
- From Select Audio Device, Select the Hercules ASIO option.
- Deck A through D: 1+2
- Headphones 3+4
- All other options can be set to none/no audio (including additional headphone/preview device).
- Do NOT put a tick in the box for external mixer mode.
- That will provide the proper audio routing for headphone pre-fade listening (cue)
Have questions about the Hercules DJ Control Inpulse 500 and how it works with our DEX 3 DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below