Download the MAP (below) for the Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300 for plug-and-play DEX 3 DJ software support!
Yet another controller option is available for DEX 3 DJs, adding to the list of well over 100 DJ controllers from the best brands in the biz.
The Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300 has an easy-to-use design that mirrors many of the entry-level to mid-tier DJ controllers on the market today. The unit is equipped with 16 pads, 8 modes, large jog wheels, effects on par with higher-end controllers, a built-in pro audio interface, and more. If you’re just getting started with DEX 3 and on a budget (it runs $199.95 USD on most DJ equipment websites), the DJControl Inpulse 300 may be for you.
Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300 Specifications:
- Integrated built-in audio interface
- Master out for speakers: 2 RCA
- Headphones out: 1/8” stereo (3.5 mm)Resolution: 24-bit/44.1 kHz
Controls Per Deck
- 2 decks
- Touch detection on jog wheel (Jog wheel diameter: 5.9” / 150 mm)
- 8 pads x 8 modes (hot-cue, roll, slicer and more).
- Effects rack with 2 rotary fx knobs and dry-wet, quantize, loop in/loop out keys.
- Browser controls: Rotary encoder + 2 load keys + Assistant key
Controls On Mixer
- 1 filter, 3 EQ, 1 gain knob, 1 volume fader/deck
- Crossfader, master volume, headphones.
- VU meters per deck + master VU meter.
DJ CONTROLLER MAP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- For DEX 3 Version 3.14 and Above: Open up DEX 3 and go into options. Under the General Tab in option click the “Data Folder” button to open up the PCDJ-DEX3 folder. Close DEX 3. Unzip the Js map file and place it in the Controllers folder within the PCDJ-DEX3 data folder. Start DEX 3 with the DJ Controller connected and it will be picked up by DEX 3.
- For DEX 3 RE (Red Edition) Unzip the Map (js file ONLY in zip) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-RED3 -> CONTROLLERS
After installation, go into DEX 3 RE/DEX 3’s options and under the “Audio Routing” tab apply this configuration:
- From Select Audio Device, Select the Hercules ASIO option.
- Deck A through D: 1+2
- Headphones 3+4
- All other options can be set to none/no audio (including additional headphone/preview device).
- Do NOT put a tick in the box for external mixer mode.
- That will provide the proper audio routing for headphone pre-fade listening (cue)
Have questions about the Hercules DJ Control Inpulse 300 and how it works with our DEX 3 DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!