The Denon DJ MC4000 Map for DEX 3 is now available for download.
Denon DJ touts the MC4000 DJ controller as “A peerless combination of features and build quality for professionals.” As fans of Denon DJ controllers (DEX 3 supports the MC6000 MKII an MC3000 already), the PCDJ team agrees this is one solidly built modestly sized DJ controller that doesn’t short DJs on functionality.
The MC4000 is a 2-deck controller designed for the professional entertainer. Mobile DJs looking for a smaller form-factor DJ controller that’s road-worthy due to it’s robust steel chassis the MC4000 is likely a great fit. The MC4000’s long-throw 100mm pitch faders are a welcomed plus, and the units overall intuitive layout delivers natural operation. A fanciful addition you typically do not see with DJ controllers at this price point (only $399 USD) is balanced booth outputs, which feeds the signal to a set of local monitor speakers near the DJ, with the ability to adjust the booth level independent of the main level.
DEX 3 supports all MC4000 features, including the precision touch-activated jog wheels, dedicated hot cue and sample pads for on-the-fly creativity.
Key Features Of The Denon DJ MC4000
- Premium 2-Deck controller (Works great with DEX 3)
- Touch-activated jog wheels for accurate scratching and track cueing
- Dedicated Hot Cue and sample trigger pads with illuminated feedback
- Long-throw 100mm pitch faders
- Balanced Booth Outputs for local monitor speakers, with independent level control
- Spacious control layout for effortless, optimized workflow
- Dedicated EQ and FX controls on each channel
- (2) Balanced mic inputs with 2-band EQ, Ducking, and Echo effect
- RCA Aux input for external device mixing
- Balanced Main and Booth Outputs
- Pro-grade steel construction ensures long-term durability
DENON DJ MC4000 INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip the Map (js file ONLY in zip) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> CONTROLLERS.
NOTE: A mapping guide for using the MC4000 DJ controller with DEX 3 is included in the zip file.
USB Audio / MIDI Interface
- USB 2.0
- Sampling Rate: 44.1, 48 kHz (0 channels in, 4 channels out)
- Bit Depth: 24 bit
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+1.0 dB)
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: > 112 dB (A-weighted)
- Total: > 105 dB (A-weighted)
- > 88 dB, A-weighted
- Aux Input: > 17 dB
- Mic Input: > 20 dB
- Outputs: > 20 dB
- < 0.01% (1 kHz at unity)
- < -80 dB (1 kHz at unity)
- Microphone: -60 dBu (minimum), -40 dBu (unity)
- Aux: +17 dBV (maximum), 0 dBV (unity)
- Master (XLR): +24 dBu (maximum), +4 dBu (unity)
- Master (RCA): +19 dBu (maximum), 0 dBu (unity)
- Booth: +24 dBu (maximum), +4 dBu (unity)
- Headphone: > 100 mW at 40 Ω
- Equivalent Input Noise: < -116 dBu (Rs = 150 Ω, DIN)
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: > 75 dB
- Talkover: -20 dB attenuation, 40 ms attack time, 250 ms hold time, 100 ms release time
- Echo: 199 ms rate, -6 dB feedback, -∞ to 0 dB range (-9 dB center)
- EQ: +15 dB high band (1 kHz cutoff), +15 dB low band (1 kHz cutoff)
- 19.9 (W) x 12.3 (D) x 2.7 (H) (Inches)
- 505 (W) x 312 (D) x 69 (H) (Millimeters)
- 8.95 lbs
- 4.06 kg
Unit Weight with Carton:
- 13.22 lbs
- 6.0 kg