DJ CONTROLLERS | THE AMERICAN AUDIO VMS5 IS NOW DEX 3 AND DEX 3 RE SUPPORTED
Download the DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE map for the American Audio VMS5 DJ controller below!
The American Audio VMS5 DJ controller ($399.99 USD) can now be used in plug-and-play fashion with both DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE DJ programs. Simply download the map file and follow the install instructions below and you’re ready to get into the mix!
The VMS5 is the latest edition of the VMS series of DJ controllers from American Audio — and hands-down the best our team has mixed with. For performance minded DJs, especially mobile and wedding DJs, looking for a well-constructed, all-in-one DJ Controller to control DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE (2 Deck and 4 Deck Support) the VMS5 should be on your short list.
For DJs that use additional analog sources the VMS5 will also work as a stand-alone traditional mixer with 4 line inputs, 2 Phono inputs and 2 Microphone inputs. In addition, some general features include 4 USB / Analog selectable Midilog (Midi & Analog) channels, gain/treble/mid/bass EQ on all MIDILOG channels.
Another nice feature of the VMS5 is Inno-fader compatibility (evidently the VMS Series of DJ controllers were the first to offer this) with curve control and assign and reverse, XLR master output with Balance & Booth output.
The VMS5 also includes 62 Assignable MIDI buttons and switches, dual 2000 point resolution touch sensitive turntable scratch controls, dual MIDI Controls on all buttons and switches, 5 assignable linear fader controllers, two 10-bit resolutions pitch sliders, and multi-functional rotary browser with 4 function buttons.
For a DJ controller priced under $400 the VMS5 is truly loaded with useful and surprising functionality. We feel the DJ controller a great fit for mobile and wedding DJs using either DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE.
AMERICAN AUDIO VMS5 INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip the Map (js file ONLY in zip) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-DEX3 (OR PCDJ-RED3) -> CONTROLLERS.
American Audio VMS5 Specifications:
- Midi Controller with 4 USB / Analog selectable MIDILOG™ (Midi & Analog) channels
- All audio control faders, knobs, switches, and buttons smoothed – eliminates popping, wiper noise, and zipper noise
- On/Off soft startup and turnoff
- Gain/treble/mid/bass EQ on all MIDILOG™ channels
- 2 phono/line selectable analog channels
- Two microphone channels with illuminated on/off switches and gain/treble/mid/bass EQs
- On/off cueing on each MIDILOG™ channel
- Split cueing headphones with rotary mix control
- Illuminated rubber knobs for ease of use in dark environments
- Solid 1.6mm thick faceplate for extra durability
- Panel mounted rotary knobs
- Full analog mixer operation if the computer crashes or with external power supply
- Innofader replaceable crossfader compatible (sold separately)
- Crossfader curve controlCrossfader assign and reverse
- Q-Start crossfader controlled startup for 2 external audio players
- Master and Booth outputs with L/R balance
- Balanced Master outputs
- 12 position stereo master output VU meter
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 19”x12.75”x1.5” / 482x325x40mm
- Weight: 13 lbs. / 6 kg.
- Built-in mouse pad
- Long life MIDI assignable touch strips
- Two 10- bit resolution pitch sliders
- 62 assignable MIDI buttons and switches
- 50 MIDI buttons have LED illuminations, including 18 with dual blue/red LEDs
- 4 assignable rotary encoders
- 34 assignable rotary controllers
- 5 assignable linear fader controllers
- Dual MIDI controls on all buttons and switches
- Dual 2000 point resolution touch sensitive turntable scratch controllers
- 24-bit 48 kHz analog audio
- 16-bit 44.1kHz USB audio
- 10-bit resolution on all analog fader controls
- THD <0.1%*
- Channel separation >60dB*
- S/N ratio >85dB*
- Analog channel audio latency < 1msec
- Selectable USB modes: 4 in 4 out mode for running software effects on phono/line analog channels or 2 in 8 out mode for running 4 software channels and master recording
- 2 msec response on all buttons
- 4 msec response on all rotary and linear faders
- 1 msec USB latency
Have questions about the DJ controllers, the VMS5 or how they work with our DJ programs? Please leave them in the comments section below!