Public Beta 2 (release candidate) of DEX 184.108.40.206 for both Mac and Windows is ready for a test spin!
As outlined in the previous 3.7 beta post from last week, DEX 3.7 introduces the ability to create beautiful multi-layer text, image and video overlays that you can display on screen for your audience – while mixing music videos or audio.
The DEX 3.7 beta 2 update, which is a release candidate, can be downloaded below and includes a couple tweaks to the new overlay capabilities – notably the ability to create overlays before sending live to the audience in the event you want to design them on the fly instead of in pre-production.
The PCDJ lab has been anything but quiet this past week as development has also found time to add plug-and-play support for the DJ Control JogVision — Hercules DJ’s most advanced and feature-rich DJ controller to date.
We hope DJs and VDJs are as excited about the freshly added overlay features as we are — and we think you will truly going to love what we have in store for 3.8.
Please note: This build of DEX 3.7 is a “release candidate” – which means our development team feels it’s road-ready for live performance. With that said, we highly suggest testing DEX 3.7 beta 2 before going live to make sure everything play’s nicely!
All Changes Included In DEX 220.127.116.11 (Public Beta 2)
Changes Included in Previous Beta 1:
- Video Graphics Overlays (add custom text, images, videos to the video screen. “show logo” on screen)
- Custom background (image or video) for Karaoke Singers List
- “Disable Pulselocker” setting available under the general tab in options
- Completely re-implemented Karaoke Singers List
- New skin/scripting actions: “show_video_overlays” skin action, “videoOverlays” MIDI/skin scripting
- Several bugs squashed
Additional Changes/Fixes in Beta 2:
- New controller supported: Hercules DJControl Jogvision
- Multiple fixes for the Denon MC-4000 controller script
- Text, Image and Video overlays are created disabled (edit overlays before making them visible – tick the box next to the item to show on video output)
- Fixed video overlays bug – loading certain images on Mac would not work
- Fixed video overlays bug – loading images on Windows would reverse colors
- Several small bug fixes
Using The New Text, Image And Video Overlays Features In DEX 3.7
Have questions about our DJ and video mixing software? Please leave them in the comments section below!