The team in the PCDJ bat cave have been busy tweaking new features for optimal performance and taking the proverbial swatter to a few creepy crawlers. Download links are available below.
This is the third DEX 3.6 beta launched over the previous three weeks, with the focus on optimizing freshly added features such as”video link” and fixing a reported issue using the MIC with various supported DJ Controllers.
Brand spanking new in this iteration of DEX 3.6 is the auto-configuration of audio devices built into supported DJ controllers. While DEX 3.5 has been plug-and-play with supported DJ controllers for some time (you can plug in and unplug DJ controllers during a session and DEX 3 won’t skip a beat – and you can use up to 8 controllers simultaneously), DJs have had to manually select the correct audio routing option. No more; DEX 3.6 now does this for you, too.
Here’s What New, Changed or Fixed In DEX 3.6 (Beta 3)
Changes (since beta 2):
- Automatically configure audio for controllers (if the controller script implements it) + setting to disable/enable it
- New controller actions and notifications for sampler (very easy to add normal/instant/stutter mode + led blinking to sampler leds on the controller)
- Fixed microphone problems with various DJ controllers
- Automatically enable On-Air when Talk is used
- Updated to Pulselocker SDK 1.2 (still working only on MacOSX, disabled on Windows)
- Minor bug fixes
Again, please note DEX 3.6 is a BETA! Please test thoroughly before using during a live performance. You can roll back to the public 3.5.7 release by re-installing from the DEX 3 support page HERE
HOW THE NEW “VIDEO LINK” FEATURE WORKS IN DEX 3.6
If you have any questions or problems running the DEX 3.6 DJ and VJ Software beta version please post to the DEX 3 user forum.