After weeks of public testing and a tremendous amount of user feedback the DEX 3.4 free update for existing DEX 3 customers is field tested and DJ approved.
Development has been hard at work in the PCDJ bat-cave implementing a slew of new features and optimizing performance of existing functionality to provide users with the most rock solid DJ and VJ mixing software solution possible.
While we’re already working on a exciting new features for 3.5, DJs are really going to love some of the performance improvements and changes already included in the 3.4 release. This is a fairly major upgrade from 3.3.3, and we hope you enjoy performing and using DEX 3.4 for all your multimedia mixing needs.
Here’s What’s New And Improved In DEX 3.4
- Revamped BPM detection engine: You can count on more accurate BPMs and beat grids, making sync and beat aware effects work more effectively
- Icecast support: You can now broadcast your live mix online
- Scratch tab/panel on the 2-decks skins: New scratch tab displayed side-by-side waveforms for easy visual beat sync and scratching reference
- Loop points: You can now save and recall loops using a new loops/cues toggle
- Loop “Slip mode” setting: When exiting a loop in slip mode the track will continue as if no looping occurred (from the position it ought to be)
- Auto-Cueing completely revamped:
Automatically detected mix-in and mix-out cue points (IN/OUT) – trimming off silence automatically
Setting to use either soft sounds or percussion for the in/out cue points detection (so you can have it skip quite intros, or start at the first audible sound)
Setting to utilize the new autocue when loading and for Auto-Mix
- Effects engine refactoring: Overall effects quality improvements and leveling.
- Revamped Effects: Bit Crusher – Robot Delay – Temolo – And new redesigned High-Pass and Low-Pass Filters.
- Various Samplers improvements: Includes Sampler play modes (normal, stutter, instant/momentary), recording, waveform, cutoff filter, monitoring (pre-listen)
- DJ Controller Support: Controllers can now be detected using USB VID:PID also on Mac
- Automatic detection of arrival/removal of DJ MIDI controllers: You can now plug-in or disconnect DJ controllers DEX 3.4 is running. EXPLANATION: You are able to start DEX 3.4 and connect or disconnect any (supported DJ controller) MIDI controller and DEX 3.4 will detect it on-the-fly. This means you can start DEX 3.4 without a DJ controller connected and then add or remove controllers (up to 8 at the same time) and they will be detected and start working automatically and immediately. DJ controller detection works on both Mac and Windows. This feature is really great if a controller hangs for some reason (so you would simply power it off and then back on — or remove it and then add it back) or if you simply wants to hook an additional controller (for additional control over features like the sampler).
- Denon MC-6000 MKII DJ Controller is fully supported
- Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 DJ Controller is fully supported
- Search Change: When exiting search DEX 3.4 restores the last viewed list/folder
- Graphics rendering improvements: Graphics will appear sharper with very sharp on-screen text
- Drag & drop files from Explorer / Finder: You can now drag files from windows explorer directly into DEX 3.4 lists (current list or side list)
- Several small bug fixes (including 2 crash fixes) and various performance optimizations
IMPORTANT NOTES: This DEX 3.4 DJ and VJ Software Update Will Overwrite Your Existing DEX 3 Version Upon Installation.