DEX 3.20.4 is Available Now with Support for Additional Pioneer DJ Controllers and More
Download DEX 3.20.4! The new free update to our best DJ software includes support for additional Pioneer DJ controllers, automatic key mixing, upgrades to supported streaming services, and more.
Development has been at it once again in the PCDJ bat cave. DEX 3.20.4 just dropped, and includes support for a few top Pioneer DJ controllers as well as a new “Mix in Key Automatically” setting.
What is does “Mix in Key Automatically” offer DJs?
Automatic Key Match/Sync can be enabled in the Preferences/Settings window. When enabled, DJs can now also match the musical key of a song to another. This is done in a ‘smart’ way so as to apply as little pitch/key change to the song so it will still sound natural (formant preserving). Try it in DEX 3.20.4 if you want to mix tracks harmonically.
Also, a series of updates are included for the built-in streaming services, including the much requested “explicit lyrics [E]” track tags for Beatport, Beatsource, SoundCloud, TIDAL, and iTunes/Music. As always, the update includes minor bug fixes and performance improvements. We suggest all DEX 3 DJs update to 3.20.4.
Everything New, Changed, and Fixed in DEX 3.20.4
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-1000
- New controller: DDJ-1000SRT
- New controller: DDJ-800
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-FLX4
- New controller: Pioneer DDJ-FLX6 (no merge fx or jog cutter support)
- Vestax Typhoon controller mapping improvements
- New setting: “Auto match musical key when beat sync/match”
- Added Beatport/Beatsource: Guest/Preview mode for unsubscribed users. The anonymous users can listen to the LOFI previews and search catalog, genres and curated playlists.
- Added explicit lyrics [E] song markings for Beatport, Beatsource, SoundCloud, TIDAL, iTunes/Music
- Several fixes and improvements for the iTunes (Windows) integration
- Implemented getValue scripting actions: originalKey, currentKey, key | deckSyncKey, deckSyncKeyReset (controller script) + deck_synckey, deck_synckey_reset (skin)
- Notify the user if a bad/corrupted file was loaded (UI message: “errors while decoding track”)
- After the first decoding error we only output silence thus preventing any possible crashes with further decoding errors
- Fixed buffer overflow causing crash in Windows
- Various small fixes and improvements
Not a DEX 3 user? Download Free Trial
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive this warning “setup_dex3_3.20.4_macOS.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. this software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information” when installing to macOS Catalina or above, please follow the steps on Apple’s website to install DEX 3.
Have questions about the latest 3.20.4 version of our best DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!