A Look Ahead at Our Goals for 2019
With 2018 now in the rear-view mirror we look ahead at some of what’s in store for the PCDJ brand and supported services in 2019.
Last week we provided a review of PCDJ’s 2018 and some of the goals we set forth that our company accomplished — now we shift our focus on the future and take a look at some of what’s in store for PCDJ in 2019.
The DJ Software and Karaoke Software market is a highly-competitive space, so we’ll touch lightly on much of what’s up our sleeve for 2019 — but certainly not all.
Goals For PCDJ In 2019
- Release SoundCloud integration for DEX 3, DEX 3 RE, and quite potentially, LYRX | The first item on our list is also the most eminent. As announced at the Amsterdam Dance Event in October, in-app support for SoundCloud’s subscription service is coming to our DJ mixing software. Customers will be able to access 190 million songs from popular artists and SoundCloud producers without ever leaving the software browser, all for only $9.99-a-month. Look for an announcement in the not-to-distant future.
- Remote Singer/Song Request Platform for DEX 3 and LYRX | We will release a remote singer/song request application that seamlessly integrates with our latest karaoke software platforms, DEX 3 and LYRX. It will sync with your DEX 3 and/or LYRX browser and allow singers to view your karaoke song book (or music list) and make song requests from their own phone or mobile device.
- More Karaoke | Our core customers have spoken and it’s clear karaoke features and expansion of karaoke capabilities are a top ‘want’. We plan to build on the last few months of karaoke-specific updates to DEX 3 and LYRX that included managed singer rotation, singer/song history, support for karaoke.net (Party Tyme) and more. You’ll see new rotation options and singer management features, among other items.
- DJ Controller Support | New controllers seem to come out on a weekly basis and we know you want native plug-and-play support in DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE. We’ll continue to map the latest DJ controllers as they become available. Support for the Denon DJ MCX8000 is coming very soon, with a few other maps for new controllers also underway.
- Karaoke.net Store Coming to Karaoki | Among some other updates and tweaks to existing features, Karaoki will soon be updated with support for Karaoke.net, one of the leading providers of karaoke music. Customers will be able to browse, search, purchase, and download karaoke songs from Karaoke.net without ever leaving the Karaoki browser.
- Expanded Video Mixing Features and Slideshow | While much has been improved regarding DEX 3 and the karaoke side of things over the last year, and quite a few new video related options have been added, we plan to further focus on improving overall video support, including new transition effects, live camera feed, and the much sought-after ‘slide show’ (display images with transitions while mixing music).
- Android Version of DJ DEX | The DJ DEX app (DJ mixing app) will finally be available for use on Android tablets early 2019.
- New “Engine” | Technology is ever evolving and new methods for coding and development tools continue to improve. At some point in 2019 a major upgrade to the audio/video engine in our DEX 3/LYRX lineup will transpire. The upgraded playback engine will allow us to further expand DEX 3’s feature set, as well as improve stability and resource usage.
- Constant Updates, Constant Improvements | As with all PCDJ purchases, upgrades are free for the life of the product. We know existing features can often be improved, and new features are always needed to make sure you have the best possible tools to excel. We aim to release regular updates of all our live performance software solutions – and your feature requests and suggestions are paramount.
- New Partnerships | As just announced, DEX 3 is now available in the Microsoft Store, with embedded Intel decoding technology. We look forward to what other opportunities our newly formed partnership/s will provide in 2019. We’ll always entertain joint ventures or opportunities with like-minded companies in our industry or others. Stayed tuned in and keep and eye out for new partnerships that will benefit you.
- Community | While our PCDJ user group is growing daily and very active, we aspire to connect with our customers even more fluidly in 2019. You are the driving force behind what we do, and we need to stay in step (or one step ahead) with your needs and wants.
That’s a quick look ahead at some of PCDJ’s goals for 2019. It’s definitely the “short list”, and as we move along many of these items will evolve and morph. Opportunities will also arise. Stay connected with us by keeping a tab on our blog, or via our social media accounts. It’s going to be a fun ride!
Here’s to exceeding all expectations in 2019 — Happy New Year!
Have your own needs and wants in 2019? Please feel free to share them with our community in the comments section below!