2015 was a year of DJ software and karaoke software innovations for Digital 1 Audio. We also formed compelling new partnerships with like-minded businesses providing emerging technologies for professional entertainers.
But that was last year, and in our tech-driven industry if you’re not constantly moving forward you’re already old news. Here’s a look ahead at some of our goals for 2016. So it’s clear, there are a few secrets we’ll keep in the bat-cave, for now!
A Look At What’s In Store For PCDJ In 2016
DEX and RED Mobile 3.5 recently launched with the inclusion of Pulselocker streaming, providing DJs access to over 44 million songs directly through the software. DEX 3.5.6 just introduced key detection for harmonic mixing. Both of these features are major development feats, and took considerable time to implement with precision.
All new and existing features in our DJ software products will continue to receive polish throughout 2016, with Pulselocker’s SDK on track to receive search engine upgrades and new features such DJ curated playlists.
Here’s a few further bullet points of our development goals in 2016:
- Finalize visualization, text-to-screen and slide-show engine for DEX 3
- Continue implementing any and all new DJ controllers
- Allow for various browser modes (track library)
- Support for Native Instruments “STEMS” format
- Improve karaoke hosting capabilities in DEX 3 to include better singer rotation management
Largely, for Karaoki 2015 consisted of fine-tuning existing features and under-the-hood tinkering – some of which were in preparation for the soon-to-be launched KaraoQ and KaraoQ360 platform integration.
We released the in-app Karaoke Cloud store, allowing users to purchase new karaoke music in Karaoki for $1.99-a-track, and support for SongbookDB — a remote song/singer request system that’s baked right into Karaoki.
Here’s a smattering of goals for Karaoki development in 2016:
- Launch KaraoQ and KaraoQ360 (more than just a remote request system, KaraoQ it allows for bumps, tips and even point-of-sale tools for the karaoke venue)
- Release the already in-the-works “slide show” feature for Karaoki
- Jingle/sample player to trigger sound effects/audio samples
- Native Video support for all popular video types
- “Hits of the Month” club integration (in-app subscription providing just the latest karaoke music – which are yours to keep)
- Karaoki…for MAC?
That’s our ‘short-list’ of product development goals for 2016. Yes, there are many other little niggles and expected tweaks, although listed are some of the more immediately goals for the PCDJ team.
Here’s to another year (it’s year 17 for PCDJ, wow!) of exiting new product upgrades that will hopefully make your personal DJ goals of 2016 that much easier to obtain!