We busted into our lead developers bat cave today — where we make all the wonderful toy’s — to pull him away from working on the 3.4 DJ software updates (we only set back the upcoming 3.4 update at minute or two, promise!) to ask him a question: What are 5 unique and strong points of our DEX 3 and RED Mobile 3 DJ software platforms versus the competition?
After explaining a few of the under-the-hood capabilities entirely too technically (developers tend to communicate at higher frequencies) we requested that he bring it down a level or two for the rest of us “normal DJs” – here’s what he came up with:
Development Speak | 5 Unique Things About Our DJ Software
- DEX 3 and RED Mobile 3 support one million tracks in the database and/or lists and can still search and filter the tracks instantly.
- On MAC OSX our DJ software is native 64bit, so it can use lot of available RAM and subsequently be lightning quick when searching and mixing music videos.
- Up to 8 MIDI/HID DJ controllers can be used at the same time in our DJ programs, and all controllers are detected and initialized on DEX 3 start-up automatically. Simply configure the audio outputs, that’s it.
- DEX 3 and RED Mobile 3 use a “Hardware Accelerated Interface” (Full OpenGL/Direct3D11) – While your DJ machines video card (GPU) is busy with the interface and the video effects/transitions, the computers processor (CPU) is free to do the music and video mixing, as well as all other audio functions. This insures rock-solid stability and great resource management while mixing music videos with DEX 3.
- Simple but very powerful audio routing: No pre-defined and otherwise limited settings here, you have independent selections for all decks, inputs and additional preview/monitoring channels.
We plan to revisit this same question after the 3.4 (or 3.5) free updates are available – as there are a number of new and innovated features on the horizon for PCDJ!